There are more than 4 billion people who use email services every day. Many marketers take advantage of this popular method of communication to advertise to current and potential customers. Whether you’re new to email marketing or you’ve been doing it for a while, you should learn how drip campaigns can help you maximize your results. Here are a few things to know about these sequential campaigns and how video content can make yours even more effective.
What Drip Campaigns Involve
A drip campaign is a marketing technique that involves sending a series of emails to target customers over a period of a few days. It’s a calculated method for staying at the forefront of customers’ minds and increasing your brand awareness.
There are many situations for which a drip campaign works very well:
- Whenever you send a personalized welcome message to a new contact on a mailing list, a drip email campaign can be used to direct the new subscriber to your website or encourage them to sign up for a blog subscription as well.
- To encourage frequent website visitors to make a purchase, you can implement a drip campaign that offers small, noncommittal purchase ideas to encourage a sale.
- When you are about to offer a new service and want to get your target audience interested and eager to learn more, you can launch one or more drip campaigns.
- Anytime you release a new product, a drip campaign can serve as a teaser to introduce your customers to different, exciting aspects of the product in a sequence of emails.
- When you want to harvest information from customers, you can send them a drip campaign offering various coupons or special offers for signing up.
Sending out a single email does not meet the definition of a drip campaign. Rather, these campaigns involve interconnecting messaging in a series of at least three emails designed to guide the email recipients to take a specific action.
Why Video Is Good for Drip Campaigns
Using video in any email campaign is good for boosting your conversions. Videos are highly effective at grabbing the attention of your leads and encouraging engagement with your business. Just make sure that whatever service you’re using to manage your drip campaign gives you the option to add video to your emails.
MatchPoint can help you create highly professional sales videos that you can add to your drip campaigns for optimal results. High-quality videos can keep generating exceptional results for your business long after you first send them out in your marketing emails.
Here are a few of the top ways video can enhance your drip campaign and help you get the best results possible.
- Increased time spent engaging with your business
- Greater “sticking power”
- Higher click-through rates
- More social sharing
The more time a potential customer spends interacting with your marketing content, the better. These days, people have a lot of different things vying for their attention. If you want your drip campaigns to have a higher chance of earning the attention of viewers, you need to make them as entertaining and engaging as possible. Using video can help you achieve these goals.
Video is one of the most consumed types of content available on the internet. It also has sticking power, which means people are much more likely to remember a video your business emailed than they are to remember the actual text in your email.
Another benefit of using email in a drip campaign is that it gives you higher click-through rates. People are more likely to click on video links than standard email campaigns using only text and images.
Finally, you can boost social sharing of your content when you utilize professional video in your drip campaigns. When you embed video into your emails, you are more likely to see your campaign messaging also shared on social media. This can help bring a broader audience to your website and grow your email marketing list even larger so you can reach more people.
How To Use Video in Your Email Campaigns
If you’d like to try using video in your next email drip campaign, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Follow these tips for using video successfully in your campaigns:
- Hire professional videographers to help you create a quality video worth sharing.
- Determine the primary goal of the video you’ll be using in your drip campaigns. Is it to sell a product, share industry news or announce an upcoming event? By keeping in mind the primary purpose, it’s easier to create a script and plan for your video.
- Include the word “video” in your subject line to attract more interest.
- Place your video underneath your email content. If the video is at the top or if there is only a video and no content, your audience may think you’re spamming them.
- Consider how you will embed the video into your email. HTML5 is the most robust and versatile option for achieving this goal. Most people can view videos embedded with HTML as well.
- Always caption your videos so your audience doesn’t have to turn the sound on to understand what’s happening.
If the idea of utilizing video in your campaigns is overwhelming to you, don’t worry. When you hire professionals to help you with your video needs, you can rest assured that the final product will be of excellent quality to appeal to your target audience.
Get High-Quality Video for Your Drip Campaigns
If you’re trying to prompt more engagement with your email campaigns, consider harnessing the power of video to increase customer engagement time with your content, achieve higher click-through rates and encourage more social sharing.
At MatchPoint, we know how to create all types of professional videos, including videos that are ideal for drip campaigns. We’d love to create one or more pieces that will help you experience greater success with your next email campaign. To begin a video project with us, reach out to us through our online form today.